Magento, the most popular e-commerce platform and a division of X.commerce, Inc has recently updated its offerings with the release of Magento Community version 1.7 and Magento Enterprise version 1.12 to enable the merchants provide a more customized and seamless shopping experience for its customers. The powerful features of the new offerings include easier order placement, mobile optimization and multiple wish lists, which give traders the immense potentiality to increase consumer appointment, boost conversions and transaction size, and foster brand loyalty.
The integration of HTML 5 for Magento Mobile and PayPal Payments in its latest versions will enable research, checkout and many more other functionalities, with which merchants can now drive conversions more effectively, increase order size and build customer loyalty. In the present day, portable and wireless devices like mobile phone have virtually taken the shape of a “shopping mall in your pocket,” and Magento is accountable for enhancing this experience of mobile shopping with its “new capabilities”.
The highly customizable HTML 5 programming theme, which supports iPhone, mobile opera browser and Android, is available on both the latest version of Magento Enterprise and Magento Community bears some striking features that make it distinct and elegant from that of others. These includes: gesture-based controls, multi touch and image scaling, and the utilization of device specific audio and video capabilities, user-friendly search and results display, drag and drop of products to the shopping cart, easy swiping between product images, zooming capabilities, a clean display of the product detail page, and cross-sell and up sell capabilities.
On the other hand, Magento e-commerce solution is known to offer 50+ payment gateways to its esteemed users. Integration of the PayPal small-business product suite into Magento helps businesses to compete in the new multi-channel retail environment. PayPal Payments make it easier for traders to accept payments in any mode – online, mobile or in-person. It is also said to increase business sales owing to the ease involved in making payments. Those using Magento Enterprise and Magento Community can select from three tiers of available PayPal Payments- PayPal Standard, Advanced or Pro, as well as PayPal Express Checkout direct from Magento. Each tier provides a full suite of payment solutions.
The new capabilities of Magento offer a number of key features that benefits its users. These features include:
- Advanced Visitor Segmentation enables businesses using Magento Enterprise to drive higher conversions among new site visitors who are not yet customers. In other words, it is conducive in converting prospects into actual buyers. Now merchants can apply powerful segmentation statistics to target new visitors and influence them to join, purchase or complete a transaction.
- Expanded Rule Based Relations give Magento Enterprise entrepreneurs a powerful tool to make specific product recommendations to specific customer segments. Traders can now easily apply statistics around viewed products or items in cart to define cross-sells, up-sells and related products to target specific segments with customized offerings.
- Auto Generation of Coupon Codes available to Magento Enterprise and Magento Community merchants enables to deliver greater flexibility to create and generate a number of coupon codes to meet their unique business requirement, monitor the usage of coupon codes and export it for offline distribution. This flexibility provides businesses not only the tools to design and customize their promotional campaigns in any manner but to also export and integrate promotions offline into other systems, expanding their reach across multiple channels.
- Multiple Wish lists enable customers using Magento Enterprise to create and manage multiple wish lists within their account. Customers can save products to any of their wish lists from within the product page or cart and choose to publicly share their wish lists with friends or keep them private. Traders can also have access to front-end placement of the wish list feature to keep a check about their customers’ wants and needs
- Improved Content Management System (CMS) has made it easy to manage the CMS hierarchy tree on trader’s site. Those working with Magento Enterprise can now save on developmental costs by coding once and then immediately duplicating and organizing the content.
- Backup & Rollback enables merchants to manage and schedule a variety of backup and rollback operations directly from the administration panel. Apart from backing up sensitive live data, developers can make a backup of a system to test new enhancements, all in a safe and low-risk development environment. This feature is particularly useful when testing out new modules or customizations. Once the desired feature has been vetted out developers can take comfort in adding their creation successfully to the live code.
In addition to the above mentioned features, other advance characteristics such as customer-group level pricing, add to cart by SKU, expanded international currency support and price layered navigation are also available in the latest Magento releases. All these capabilities designed to provide a personalized shopping experience to the customers will definitely boost up the business of the traders as well giving them a novel understanding of trading online.